Since 1971, the Mutual Fund Education Alliance (MFEA) has been dedicated to informing and educating the investing public about how they can use mutual funds to achieve important lifetime goals.
The website for the MFEA provides both beginning and experienced investors with a wealth of information that can be used to become a more informed mutual fund investor. For example, the MFEA website provides information about
- The power of investing
- Understanding risk
- Why mutual funds?
- The importance of performance,
- Fund costs, fees, and expenses
For more information go to
You may want to use the information in this blog post and information on this website to
- Supplement the material you present in your classroom lecture or online course.
- Create an assignment designed to strengthen a student’s basic understanding of mutual fund investments.
- Create an assignment where students use the MFEA fund screener to evaluate one or more mutual funds.
- Often beginning mutual fund investors, just invest their money without really learning about mutual fund investments or specific funds? Why is this a flawed approach?
- There are many investment websites that will help you learn about mutual funds and also evaluate different funds. What factors make one website better than another website?