“So put aside that beach read for a few minutes and take this quiz to assess your financial SPF factor.”
While most people recognize SPF as standing for sunscreen, SPF–as defined in this article stands for Save, Protect, and Fund. After a brief explanation of each SPF financial term, the article asks 11 questions that someone can use to help gauge their financial knowledge and financial planning skills.
At the end of the quiz, you are also told how your answers stack up and then the article provides suggestions about how to improve not only your score, but also your ability to plan for your financial future and retirement.
For more information, click here.
You may want to use the information in this blog post and the original article to
- Stress the importance of effective financial planning over your lifetime.
- Begin a discussion about the benefits of long-term investments.
- Review time value of money calculations.
- How can financial planning help you obtain your goals and objectives?
- Why should you begin investing sooner rather than later?
- A common problem for some people is they don’t have the money they need to begin an investment program. Given your current circumstances, what steps can you take to “find” the money to start an investment program?