If Social Security denied your disability benefits, you can file an appeal online, even if you live outside of the United States.
The online appeals application is simple, convenient and secure, guiding you through every step of the process. From outlining your rights to an appeal, to publications on the appeals process, a fair review of your Social Security is right at your fingertips. The online application even allows you to upload supporting documentation, like treatments, doctors, and medical reports, as well as an option to save your submissions.
Submitting all the necessary documents will save time and can help return a faster decision. Here are some things you’ll need when ready to submit an appeal:
- Doctors, hospitals, medical treatments, and tests since you last gave medical information to Social Security,
- Medicines you are currently taking, and
- Changes in your medical conditions, daily activities, work and education
For more information, click here.
- Ask students if they know someone whose disability benefits were denied? If so, how was the problem resolved?
- What can you do if Social Security benefits are not sufficient to support your family?
- Does Social Security provide work incentives that allow people to work and still receive their disability benefits?
- Does Social Security provide benefits for partial disability or short-term disability?
- How does Social Security define disability?