Career planning experts offer a wide variety of guidelines for moving forward in your employment situation. Use of the following questions can help you develop an action plan for greater career success and personal satisfaction.
- What do you like to learn?
- What do you do in your spare time for fun?
- Are you creating a career for your parents, for society, from your own excitement, or for money?
- What is your definition of work?
- What challenge excites you the most in your life right now?
- What impact do you want to have on other people’s lives or in the world?
- Do you feel confident that you are exceptional at something?
- What do you want: more joy or more power?
- Do you want to be like your parents? Why or why not?
- What do you do that builds your confidence?
- How often are you bored
- Are you proactive about sharing your ideas with your team and managers?
- Whom do you admire most? Are they passionate and purpose driven by their work?
- When you make decisions about your career, do you often consider what other people will think of your decision?
- What advice would you give yourself today about where you are in your career based on where you want to go?
- What does success mean to you?
For additional information on essential career questions, click here.
- Have students use one or more of these questions to talk to others about their career planning activities.
- Have students prepare answers to several of these questions to help guide their career planning activities.
- Which of these questions are most valuable to you to guide your career planning activities?
- What are some additional questions that you might ask yourself or others to help guide their career planning?