“Letting Employees Work from Home Can Be a Win-Win for Employers and Staff Alike.”
For employees, the option to telecommute appeals to a vast majority of full-time workers. Research by Global Workplace Analytics found that there are benefits for employees and employers when employees telecommute and work at home. For employees, the chief advantages are
- Reduced time commuting to work
- Lower costs of commuting to the office
- Less stress of juggling the demands of work and family
There are also benefits for employers including
- Less office space is needed because not every employee works in the office every day
- Lower expenses for rent or costs associated with ownership of office space
- A new way to attract talent because employees like the option of working at home
- Increased employee motivation and engagement because telecommuting is considered a benefit
The top five companies and organizations that encourage telecommuting are:
- United-Health Group
- S. Department of Agriculture
For more information about this article and a complete list of the top 20 companies for telecommuting, click here.
- You may want to use the information in this blog post and the original article to point out the benefits of telecommuting.
- Not everyone is a candidate to work at home. What traits and time management skills are needed if you obtain a job where you can work at home?
- Are there disadvantages to telecommuting and working at home?