What separates successful people from others? While favorable timing, personal connections, wealth or other advantages can lead to success, a person must also possess various success-oriented attitudes, behaviors, and skills. Some of the actions that can lead to academic, career, and personal success include:
- Display poise and confidence in your ability.
- Assess existing skills and knowledge.
- Set personal and career goals that align with your abilities.
- Develop a habit on ongoing learning.
- Take risks that allow you the opportunity to achieve at a higher level.
- Persevere in your work efforts
- Be prepared to face and go beyond obstacles.
- Rejection and criticism can lead to future success.
- Develop effective interpersonal skills. Your ability to interact, gain support of others, and develop trust is critical.
For additional information about a success path, click here.
- Have students ask people to describe their definition of “success.”
- Have students obtain suggested actions for personal and career success using online research.
- What are common mistakes people make in their personal financial planning and career planning activities?
- What actions do you plan to take to improve your personal and career success?