“Money interviewed dozens of experts in different fields to find out which skills, tricks, and workarounds are most financially worthwhile.”
In this article Daniel Bortz and Susie Poppick describe 10 different activities that can help anyone advance their career and increase their salary. While the list below identifies different activities, more specific information about each activity is provided in the article.
- Master the meeting
- Lend a hand at work
- Learn a language
- Get techy
- Write better
- Learn social savvy
- Take back your workday
- Sell yourself
- Learn to DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Get Organized
For more information, click here.
You may want to use the information in this blog post and the original article to
- Point out that the suggestions in this article can improve their productivity on the job and make them a more valuable employee.
- Encourage students to read the article for specific information about each of the above activities.
- In today’s work environment, why is it important to “make yourself a more valuable employee?”
- Ask students to review the 10 different activities and pick the two they feel are the most important. How could those two activities make you a better employee?